[Thank you to everyone who took part, the event has ended on 16th June, 2009]
ASUS created a whole new category of computer with the launch of the ASUS Eee PC 701 in 2007. This innovative low-cost ultra-portable put a laptop well within the reach of everyone, and so the lifestyle netbook was born.
Subsequent models set the benchmark for all netbooks, with more powerful processors and larger screens. But no matter what their specification, ASUS designed each and every Eee PC with the belief that computers should be easy to use, both for work and play. Now ASUS is set to trigger a fresh laptop revolution with the launch of the Eee PC™ Seashell 1008HA.
The Eee PC™ Seashell 1008HA is the perfect travelling companion, whatever your destination, and we’re offering you the opportunity to experience this next-generation Eee PC™ first-hand.
We’re giving away 5 Eee PC™ Seashell 1008HA in May and June, and there are 2 ways to win:
Strike a Beach Pose
- (It was a big success! Thank you all!)
Your beach photo will be uploaded to ASUS Eee PC™ Seashell web site (www.asus.co.uk/seashell), where people will be able to vote for their favourite. If you can’t make it to Tottenham Court Road, just send a beach-themed photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll upload it to the site for you (if suitable).
The photo with the most online votes by 5pm on 16 June will win an Eee PC™ Seashell 1008HA, and we’ll announce the winner online at www.asus.co.uk/seashell.
Be a Twitter Winner
Follow ASUS (@AsusUK) on Twitter at www.twitter.com/asusuk and you’ll also be in with a chance of winning one of four Eee PC Seashells. We’ll be picking one of our followers at random each week from 19 May for 4 weeks and will announce the winners at www.asus.co.uk/seashell.
- By allowing ASUS to take your photograph or receive your photograph when you upload it as part of the Seashell promotion, you will be agreeing to your image/performance/texts being used in the current marketing campaign and in the future at ASUS’ discretion.
- The “Twitter” competition is open only to residents of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, except employees of ASUS Limited and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (defined for the purpose of these rules as husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, or persons residing in the household of such employees), and anyone else professionally connected with this competition. The promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity. The promoter is ASUSTek (UK) Ltd., PO BOX 1209, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 9EX. Please direct any queries or complaints regarding the competition to either this address or to: email@example.com
- The competition is not open to any employees of ASUS, or their friends or relatives.
- To ensure a fair and honest competition, voting is limited to one vote per friend, relative, colleague, etc. This is to ensure that the winner is the person that manages to convince as many different people as possible to vote for their photo entry by emailing or blogging about their experience. We shall monitor the web logs and IP addresses to ensure a level playing field for everyone. ASUS UK reserve the right to disqualify entrants who have used underhand tactics to secure a unfair number of votes.